In fact, Google believes over 200 variables when ranking sites in its own search results! The very first step is to handle the basics – Onpage Optimisation.
Onpage optimisation is one of the very first measures of Belfast SEO and done correctly, will help your site rank well on search engine results. Google loves fresh content that’s great news if your website has a content management systems (CMS). With full control of your website content by means of a CMS, you can manipulate webpages to enhance your website’s search engine rank. Simply, use your site CMS to implement the following techniques:
1) Meta Title Tag
The meta title tag is looks on top of the internet browser and search result listings. The title tag of a page should be a precise and succinct description of the page.
• The meta name tag should comprise 50 -70 characters including spaces
• Place main keyword inside the meta title tag
• The material of the meta name tag must be unique for every Internet page
2) Meta Description Tag
The meta description provides a fantastic opportunity to incorporate keywords and generate a compelling description to encourage the user to click through to your site.
• The meta description tag must contain 150 – 160 characters such as spaces
• Place main keyword inside the meta tag
The H1 header label is visible on the webpage (unlike the title tag and meta description). The H1 has to be included on all pages and contain your main keyword.
• Place main keyword within the H1
• Your H1 must not be equal to the meta tag
• Create a unique and relevant H1 label for each web page
Search engines are attracted to unique material that provides valuable information to the user. Avoid duplicate content and don’t copy and paste content from another page.
• Include Your Primary keyword inside the first paragraph of articles
• Never compromise grammar if an effort to insert key words
5) Image Alt Tag
Search engines cannot read pictures therefore it’s important to spell out the image or picture in text format within the image alt tag.
• Insert main key words in the image alt tag
• Make sure you image alt tag is relevant to the picture and makes sense to the Site visitor
The slug is the end component of a URL which identifies a webpage using human-readable keywords.
• Use your main keyword with your URL